The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, May 22, 2015

Who Actually Cares?

I was able to throw the old TV out today. It took a while, but I got it done. I still haven't found a new one that's cheap enough to buy. I can't help but wonder if I'm being too picky. My old one was 120Hz native. Most of the ones I've seen are 120Hz "effective refresh rate", which means they're actually 60Hz and use some kind of processing to simulate 120Hz. Would the processing tricks really work, or are they just a marketing gimmick? I don't know. Maybe I should settle for one of these fake ones and see how it goes. I hate to settle. Maybe I should just wait.

But enough of that. I kind of wanted to talk about people who just don't seem to care. Do you ever feel like no one really cares what you're doing in life or what you're going through? I feel that way a lot. It gets reinforced when I try to have a serious conversation with someone. I don't do that too often, but when I do, it's like I'm not even talking. The other person never seems fazed. I can lay out the thing I'm talking about, and then the other person instantly reaches some sort of conclusion before I can even get all the words out. Proverbs 18:13 He that answers a matter before he hears it, it is folly and shame unto him. That verse, of course, immediately applies to those people. :)

I guess I really only have this problem about spiritual things. There was this one thing several years back that I was trying to get some feedback on with two different people at two different times who didn't even know each other. They both had the same answer, and it didn't have anything at all to do with what I'd said. Satanic word of knowledge, I finally concluded based on their spiritual condition. I think I've blogged about that before.

The feedback I get seems to be based strictly on what the five senses can perceive instead of what God can do. As I've mentioned before, I've been in a terrible desert for a while now. Answers feel few and far between. And when I do get one, it has a tendency to be something other than what I expected. I thought I got one of those kind of answers this week but wasn't completely sure. Yeah, I'm being vague. That's what I have to do when the people I'm talking about could theoretically read this. I don't think they will, but nothing's impossible. If the answer I thought I got was genuinely real, I'll blog about it at some point.

Snap answers make me feel like the other person doesn't really care. No one ever offers to pray for me and see if God gives an insight. It kind of makes me feel like I'm giving God too much credit and putting too much faith in him. Crazy talk. Time to check the other person's spiritual condition. Not that I feel like a spiritual giant. If you read my books, you can tell I try to Biblically ground them. It doesn't mean I'm super spiritual. It just means I'm trying to pay attention.

Anyway. Be careful who you seek advice from about spiritual matters. Even Christian can give incredibly carnal answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment