The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, March 20, 2015

The Rise of Aethan Lightbringer

The sequel is out. The Rise of Aethan Lightbringer. A huge thanks to test readers for all the help. It's much appreciated!

The cover is a temporary substitute. The delays with the cover were endless. The book was late enough. It got to the point where I couldn't keep blogging that it's late again because of the cover. If you're following the blog, I assume you want to read the content and don't care so much what the cover looks like. It doesn't normally show on a Kindle anyway, right? Right. It's future readers who need a nice cover, and I hope to get them one very soon.

I got the final proof copy and saw a comma error on the first page. That and a few other things appear in the 99-cent pre-order copy. Very last minute fixes went in. Mostly it was places where there was a double space in the paperback that weren't in the Kindle version at all, not even the pre-order edition. So, if you got the pre-order, please ignore that traumatic comma error on page 1. :) If you want it and the other minor things gone, you can submit a Help ticket to Amazon and ask them to update the book on your device. It's free. They'll need the ASIN number, which is B00UO43KA4. I don't know if it's worth the trouble, but it might be to you, right? Right.

What's next? I've gotten a lot done on the YA(young adult) book, but it still has a way to go. I'm going to list it as YA, and it has a young protagonist. But don't let that fool you. It's really for teens and adults both. YA covers 13 to 18 years old. To be honest, labeling it that way is more for marketing reasons. The YA market is huge. At some point I want to write full time. I can't do that if writing doesn't make enough money, and right now it doesn't.

Even if it's marketed as YA, that doesn't mean it has to be immature to connect with a teen market. When I was a teenager I read adult books. Okay, there was no YA category back then. That's a good point and tells me that YA is kind of a marketing gimmick to begin with. Anyway, the protagonist has things to deal with. She's a teen, but she's a mature teen and learning to deal with things in an adult way. So, there's not going to be a lot of teen angst and hand-wringing. I think that treats the teen audience with respect. Think of Ben, Adina and Deirdre. They were all late teens but trying to deal with things as best they could. Uncertainties? Yes. Hand-wringing? No.

Plus, covering the YA market segment lets me put in more lighthearted humor. It has a lighter tone at the beginning and should get more serious toward the end. Gotta run. I hope you enjoy The Rise of Aethan Lightbringer.


No comments:

Post a Comment