The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, March 6, 2015

Snow Days

If you wondered where last week's blog was, this time last week I had no internet service. A snowstorm came in Wednesday night and knocked me offline until Saturday. The way it was explained to me was that my ISP relies on the power company to keep people connected. The power company was prioritizing restoring electricity to people's houses first and things like my internet connection second. I suppose that's reasonable.

It made me put a lot of thought into getting a cheap mobile hotspot for emergencies so I could at least check email and post an update on situations like the snowstorm. It's amazing how necessary the internet has become for daily living. Straight Talk Wireless has a reconditioned hotspot that's very cheap, but I'm wary of reconditioned items.

This winter has had some unusual cold. Two nights in a row the temperature dropped to 8 degrees. -13.3C for European readers. The last two years have been cooler and rainier in the summer than usual, which I didn't mind at all especially at night. However, 8 degrees back to back is not only too cold but unheard of. What happened to global warming? I thought it was supposed to be getting hotter.

Book Update
I've been stressing out on the delay with the cover art. The first one didn't work. The second one looks like it's going to. I'm hoping it'll be ready by next week.
The delay hasn't been all bad. When I was correcting errors that test readers found, I mistakenly opened the wrong file. Toward the end of the manuscript, I renamed the main file and forgot to use that one once I heard back from them. Oops. I had to redo it all. While working on it, I discovered something no one noticed. There were two Chapter 9s.

As an apology for all the delays, I'm going to put the book on sale for cheap for blog readers. It might take the form of a pre-order. If I can do that, it would be 99 cents to pre-order and go up to regular price on the release date for everyone else. Any pre-order time would be very short. It wouldn't add any extra delay time. It would take place during the time I usually wait on the final proof copy to arrive, which is normally three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment