The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Thursday, January 15, 2015

My Precious Customer!

I ordered some replacement shaver heads on Amazon. Instead of a 1-pack of three, they sent me three packs of three. From the way the listing was worded, I figured someone packed the wrong thing. I submitted a help ticket asking how to send the two extra ones back. This is Amazon's reply:

Thank you for letting us know, that you received extra item by mistake. Your comments are greatly appreciated, and I thank you for choosing Amazon.com.

I really appreciate your loyalty towards us. Honor to have you as our customer.

I checked your order details and see that you ordered "Philips Norelco HQ8 Dual Precision Replacement Heads".

In this case there is no need to return the item which you received extra from us. Please keep it as a goodwill gesture.

We are really honored to have you as our precious customer.  We always like to hear from our customers, and we're glad you took the time to write to us.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer and would like to Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to a very warm and fruitful association with you. 


At first I thought it wasn't real, but yes, it's real. I've withheld the name of the rep, but I will say that it's someone in the region of India. The "precious customer" line cracks me up. That last line about the warm and fruitful association might be a little creepy, though.

I want to be clear that I'm not bashing Amazon. I've been buying from them since the 90s, when all they sold was books and struggled to make a profit. I've never received the wrong item. I've never been shorted. This is the first time I received something extra. Some things are just too funny not to share. I'm sure they'll be fixing the mistakes in their script at some point. In the meantime, imagine Gollum saying, "My precious customer!"

Book Stuff
Real life keeps getting in my way, but one of the main hindrances against the book is mostly out of the picture. My plan is to go through the sequel manuscript one more time and get it out to test readers.
I've also been doing some preliminary work on a YA book. It's about a 16-yr-old who gets trapped in virtual reality. It might be a series. It might be just one book.

No comments:

Post a Comment