The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, April 14, 2023

Meaningless Interlude

It's been a while. Last week something unusual happened. My internet connection was down. It's the fiber line that replaced the cell phone I was using that replaced the 1.5Mpbs dsl line that was the only other option where I live. The week before that I hit a wall with fatigue due to another sinus infection. I think I have another tooth abscess. Isn't that fun. It's kind of like it's one thing after another.

Other than that there's not a lot to report. It's been a somewhat negative month. I need a new computer, but it's too expensive at the moment. I'm thinking of buying a cheap OEM license for Windows 10 and an SSD drive and using my old components for an "upgrade". Why would I need a new Windows key? The computer I have now was one I bought "off lease" and upgraded. The company that leased it kept the Windows key for themselves. That's a violation of the license. It's my understanding that OEM licenses are supposed to stay with the first computer the OS is installed on.  Microsoft support literally wouldn't listen to me when in contacted them about it. I guess this happens all the time, and they don't care about customers. I also guess it didn't matter that I had a valid Windows 7 key I was using to upgrade but wouldn't work.

So, I might get a new license key and a new SSD drive now and upgrade the CPU and video card later. The problem with that is that Windows 11 only works on newer CPUs. There's kind of no point to upgrading the PC I have now(except the video card). However, Windows is slowly failing. I have no choice.

I'm hoping to get the novella out soon.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment