The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, November 18, 2022

Progressing

It was another good week on the writing front. I lost a little bit of time when the power went out, but it only cost me about ten or fifteen minutes.

I may have a solution for cover art. I've been following articles about using "AI" to generate images. They're getting good enough for things like cover art and video games. One of the articles showed some very good video game items. The best part is that if I'm the one making the images I get the copyright. As long as the generator doesn't use someone else's work, there's no problem with infringement. My plan is to mess around with it for the cover for the B'vellah War book 1.5 novella and see if I can make it work. Unfortunately, I may need a new video card. I noticed one of the image generators, Stable Diffusion(?) required 6GB of RAM. My card has 2GB. I've been needing a new video card for a while, but that's probably a $200 starting point. Maybe there will be a Black Friday deal I can find.

If I can make it work, I'll be updating all the covers, which would be a huge improvement. That would also be a good reason to expand to B&N, something I've been needing to do for years.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment