The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, January 24, 2020

Avatars of Espionage Pre-Sale Active

Avatars of Espionage is up for pre-sale for 99 cents for faithful readers. It took a little longer for it to be ready than I estimated last week because Amazon's approval process is slower than it used to be. It goes live Feb 3. The price after launch goes up to the regular price of $3.99.

With that no longer taking my time, I've been working on the B'vellah War series novella. I've worked on the plot and introduced a major new character. The rough draft is now over a quarter of the way done. I'm trying to do 10,000 words a week. That would get the rough draft done in a month. Several years back one April or May, I did 50,000 words in about three and a half weeks. Afterward, I felt tired and mentally drained. Ten thousand words is still a good pace, but it gives me more time for polishing and considering plot elements and not feeling burned out. I hope. The difference between 50k and 40k is "only" 2.5k words a week. However, that number of words takes a number of hours to write. I'm putting those hours into making the rough draft as polished as I can now in order to make it faster to market later. I think it's working. I've been catching mistakes I probably would have overlooked if I was trying to grind through just to meet a word count. My plan is to get the novella and Book 2 out at the same time or nearly the same time.

During my search for a pre-made cover for AoE, I found several covers that would have worked if there had not been some bizarre element in the scene. A lot of covers have a white wolf or a pentagram or some kind of paranormal element or occult symbol that has nothing to do with the rest of the cover. Now that I've been through the process of buying and requesting changes to a pre-made cover, I realize that I could have bought one of those bizarre covers and had the wolf or whatever removed, and it would have been a great cover. I may be able to go back through some of the thousands of covers I looked at and pick out some for the B'vellah series. I'm still going to try painting one, but I have more options.

In other news, someone I know took something I've told her a couple of times and made it into a quote and put it on mugs and t-shirts that are now for sale on Zazzle.com. Ouch. On the one hand it's nice to know I can be so inspirational. On the other hand I wasn't asked if I could be sold and marketed. The silver lining is that the mugs are $19.45, and the t-shirts are $37.75. Those same items in generic versions without my quote sell for below $5 at the store. The mugs range $1 to $3. I've seen the shirts for $4.48. Maybe the justice is built right in. Who's going to pay that much extra to get an inspirational quote? Crime doesn't pay.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment