The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, December 20, 2019

Book 2 Update

Aging is Reversible. I haven't read all of this article yet, but the first part sounds good. At least two anti-aging treatments aside from that article are supposed to be available some time in 2020.

I finished going through Book 2 fixing things. After that I went through Book 1 looking for promises made to the reader. That would be things like foreshadowing and what the reader would expect to happen later that couldn't be changed. If I made a rule about something, I needed to refresh myself in order not to break it later. I'm going to have to go back through Book 2 later to fix some things I think I misstated. All of that is in preparation for the novella.

One of the problems with Book 2 is that it's set so long after Book 1. At the end of Book 1, I kind of wrapped things up and tried to convey the impression that most things would work out on their own. The idea was that I could mention them later as having been resolved. Since Book 2 is almost 3.5 years after Book 1, there's not much room to mention old things without it be awkward to the story. There's a lot of room for a novella to flesh out exactly how things were resolved between books and to make the transition between books smoother. It's almost like Book 1 and Novella 1.5 are a two-book series, and Book 2 and Book 3 are a two-book series.

As kind of a break on books 1 and 2, I've also been going through the Mystery/Romance. I need to get that and AoE out the door. AoE is science fiction more or less. I'm not sure the Mystery/Romance is a mystery or a romance. It could be suspense, but I'm not sure it quite fits that category either. I'm going to try to do a pre-release and let Amazon classify it based on who pre-orders it, assuming people actually do that. It has to go under a pen name, so it would be a lone book by an author no one has heard of.

The next step is to take my list of promises from Book 1 combined with what happens in Books 2 and 3 and work out a plot for the events in the novella. I know roughly what happens. I need to figure out how to make it interesting. I've been putting some thought into it. I just need to work it until it coalesces into something I feel would be engaging to the reader. I can't write it only because it needs doing. It has to be worth buying.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment