The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, October 4, 2019

The Heat

There wasn't much progress on the book front this week. It was pathetic. The air conditioner problem is still there, and a high pressure system got stuck over my region, causing hotter temperatures than in July. It was brutal and frustrating. The Weather Channel said the heat would disintegrate instead of moving out. Their heat map shows me to be in a sort of wedge area. Cooler temperatures are expected Saturday. Yesterday the high was 94F(34.4C). Today it's 93F(33.89C). Saturday's high(tomorrow) is 70F(21.1C). That's a crazy drop. The rest of the week it's supposed to be in the 70s.

In last week's blog, I did a semi-review of the new Magnum P.I. show based on a random episode I saw part of. One of the problems was the characters talked about their feelings too much instead of doing things. That lasted about 30 minutes. Then things got moving. I assumed the naval gazing was over. Nope. I watched the end of the episode. As the heros were sitting in some kind of Jeep/SUV type vehicle about to face the bad guys, they stopped to talk about their feelings again. I wish I was kidding. It was this episode.

With not being able to get on the computer much due to the heat, I saw another Magnum P.I. episode. It didn't have all the feelings talk. Maybe the first episode I caught had different writers. I also said the new Higgins had an Australian accent. It sounded like one of the more uncommon ones I've heard before, though the accent seemed inconsistent between scenes, making it hard to pin down. I looked her up. The actress is actually from Wales. Regardless, it doesn't work. The real Higgins had a sophisticated, cultured British accent. The new Higgins doesn't. Fail. The actor who played the real Higgins, John Hillerman, was an American from Texas. If somebody from Texas could fake it so convincingly, I think a gal from Wales could, too. I don't understand why she's in the show.

One thing the new Magnum show is lacking that I don't miss about the original is all the arguing. In the original the characters argued all the time. I hated it. Is talking about their feelings supposed to be the replacement for that? I groan.

The real Magnum, Tom Selleck, is still alive and working. The new show isn't dishonoring his memory. It's dishonoring him personally while he's still alive and healthy to see it. 😀 Boo, Hollywood. Boo.

With the weather turning, I expect to get more done on the book front next week.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment