The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, April 19, 2019

Water Leak

I woke up to a water leak today and spent a while cleaning that up before breakfast. It was hard to get to the leak, because I need to take two boards out of the wall. I'd already bought the sealer but not the replacement boards. I sealed it as best I could for now. The whole time I worked on it, my cat waited for breakfast. It was hard to be a person today. It was tough to be a cat, too.

Before the Notre Dame cathedral burned down, this year there has been a string of attacks against Catholic churches in France, including an arson attack last week. Speculation about the true cause of the fire at the cathedral is forbidden by the liberal media who have been speculating about Trump since 2016. The media thinks it's okay when they do it, using nothing more than hatred as their foundation. They think it's a crime when we do it, using published facts as ours. It's like things are to the point where a journalist is just as big a liar as a politician.

The week was otherwise unremarkable. I've been practicing with the graphics tablet working my way up to making real covers. It's not going as quickly as I'd hoped. I'm going to have to increase the amount of time I put into it. I was able to make some rocks that didn't look bad and a cliff face. I need to go through more brushes figuring out what they all do. I've been using a handful and practicing with those, but my goal is to develop a small set of brushes and only use those. I can see improvement. It's just slow. I've been toying with the idea of doing at least parts of a cover with real paint, photographing it and finishing the covers with the graphics tablet.

I've put some work into the book after AoE. I haven't done any writing on it. I'm still developing the plot and the details. Some key things have fallen into place. It's a detective/mystery story set in the science fiction universe of the first book. The mystery aspect is forcing me to take a different approach. The Messengers series is pretty straightforward. In this book the mystery will have to be solved by following the clues in a logical way. I need to figure out all the clues and the sequence as well as the story surrounding the detective. It's good practice for other books. I've had this science fiction story in mind for a while that's set on a space station at Jupiter or Saturn. In that story a murder occurs, but the video evidence has been removed from the main computer, a near impossibility. I think about that book sometimes but not enough to come up with the sequence of events. The book after AoE will help with that.

However, I need to finish the B'vellah War series before doing too much more. I've been thinking about that, too. I may do that instead of the book after AoE.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment