The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, July 13, 2018

I Was Shocked.

After the Islamic terrorist attack in Boston a while back, they came up with a slogan, Boston Strong. I was at Walmart last week and saw this on a truck and thought it was funny.


If you live overseas, AA is Alcoholics Anonymous, an organization that helps people recover from alcoholism. Unfortunately, they consider someone to be an alcoholic forever no matter how long ago the person quit drinking. That's complete nonsense, of course.

One of the family legends on my dad's side is of a relative in the early 1900s who used to go to bars. One night he got in a fight and beat a man up so badly he nearly killed him. That was the end of his drinking. Even if he was an alcoholic before that, he surely never was afterward.

In other things, I had a mind-blowing shock this week. I was watching an episode of Mannix from 1967, when I saw someone familiar who didn't look like I was used to seeing her. I remember her from Star Trek in 1989 and 1990 in which she played a bit of a crusty, battle axe of a woman. In the Mannix episode she was a total babe. The difference was amazing. It was Doctor Pulaski from Start Trek: The Next Generation. My mind is officially blown. Is she still alive? Yes.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment