The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, June 15, 2018

No Water

It's day three without water. The place I live has a well with a pump. It stopped working Wednesday. The landlord has no urgency to get it fixed. I thought something would be done right away, but now it looks like next week at the earliest. In the landlord's universe, other things come first. Fortunately, a while back, I ran across the solar shower. I got one of those from Walmart and a heavy-duty hook to hang it in the normal shower. When full, the solar shower weighs about 40 pounds (18.1437kg). I had to get the hook in the right place. Fortunately, I've had to replace part of the ceiling in the shower, when the landlord wouldn't do anything about it, so I knew right where a beam was. Water at room temperature is very chilly. I have to preheat part of the water enough to warm the bag up.

I've collected rainwater to be able to flush the toilet. It takes about 3 gallons(11.35liters). After the blog I get to go collect spring water to be able to do some laundry. Fortunately, I was in pretty good shape on that, when the water went out, but I'm going to need clean pants and such. I've had to buy water from the store by the gallon and by the 2.5 gallon container. The 2.5 one goes by the sink to be able to wash my hands and do dishes.

It takes a long time to collect water and do all these extra things. I could use a lot of prayer. It looks like it's going to be a long weekend.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment