The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, February 23, 2018

Hope Deferred

Last week when I normally would be doing the blog I was on the way to pay a medical bill. The deal they gave me was if I paid it within 30 days, I would save $696.08. I wanted to pay online, but it was showing the full amount not the deal amount. I needed to go in person to make sure I wasn't charged that extra $696.08. When I tried to pay, my debit card was declined. Say what? The cashier lady tried smaller amounts. None of them worked. I ended up calling the bank. There was a problem with the debit card system. They were working on it. After waiting about an hour for it to get fixed, I had to leave without paying anything, because the office had to get ready to close for the day. It's a 39+ mile trip one way. With the other stop I had to make, it was a 4-hour trip. For nothing. I had to go back Tuesday. My bank had fixed the system. It worked perfectly. Yay! But wait. There's more.

I just logged into the online payment system. Guess how much it says I owe? $696.08. Where is my early payment discount? Argh. Do you know how much of that amount I'm going to pay? If you guessed $0, you're right. Because the office wrote my discount down on paper during my first visit. I have proof. I'm holding them to it. Of course, I'll probably have to go to the main medical center in person, not the little office I went to, and argue with them to honor that. And sadly, that bill is only one of several.

If you've followed the blog for a while, you know I've been saving up to start a business of some kind and I was almost there. I was a few months away at the most. The medical bills have destroyed that dream for now. It looks like, short of a miracle, I'm going to be paying off medical bills for a while. It's been discouraging.

I guess I'm back to working on YouTube. I've been practicing. Maybe I'll be able to bless enough people that it will come back to me.

It's getting late in the afternoon, and Todd and Danielle haven't dropped by yet. Today's the day Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes sends out the prize patrol. Their commercials have been on a lot. Todd and Danielle work for them. I hope they get here soon. I've been looking forward to seeing them.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment