The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, July 21, 2017

AoE Status

I finished going through AoE, the next book, again. I'm not sure it's "perfect", but it's in decent shape. There will be at least one more going through after tester feedback. I'll probably run it through Novel Boot Camp writing workshop. I tried that last year and never got any reply to the first submission, which was the beginning step, so I'm less than enthusiastic about trying again. There was a bit more unpleasantness with lack of updates and direction, but I'll keep that to myself. Let's say it seemed a bit disorganized from the outside looking in. Maybe this year would be different.

At the moment, AoE has been uploaded to CreateSpace. I'm still waiting on them to approve the file. Once they do, I'll order paperback tester copies. Once those arrive and are checked to make sure they printed correctly, I'll mail them out. There was that time CreateSpace sent me a copy that was so wrong it was obvious they didn't even look at it before shipping it to me. I had to eat the cost. Despite that, they're really easy to work with and a great way to get physical copies that aren't too expensive. Sending a file to testers is free, but I much prefer a real book. Reading off a screen is not the same as holding it in the hand. And it's a little souvenir they might appreciate. The book should be in their hands at or before the time Novel Boot Camp starts, which is the 31st. Assuming I actually participate in that. Would it be more of a nuisance(like last time) than a help? I'll have to think about it.

I'm not sure, when AoE will be out, but it shouldn't be too much longer, if I can figure out a cover.

It's about time to start going through the mystery/romance again. It's shorter than AoE, which is about YA length. I expect it to be reasonably fast depending on how much dialogue versus prose there is. Being a different genre, I think it had more prose than AoE. We'll see. Maybe turning some of the prose into dialogue would be a good direction.

I'm a bit pressed for time this week, so I'll let you go.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment