The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, April 21, 2017

Painting the Shelves and Such


The backdrop for the YouTube studio is still in progress. It's a painting of a bookshelf. The top shelf is done. The other two shelves are over half done. It's taking way more time than I hoped it would. The top shelf is a set of books that look like encyclopedias. They're all one color. Only the bottoms of the books will show in videos. The detail work wasn't too bad. The hard part was the highlights to give them dimensionality.

I had to repaint the shelves to make those stand out. Painter's tape made it easier. The hardest part of the whole process is the individual, "random" books. I'm finding that I can start working on them, and a half hour or an hour will pass. I'll have maybe six books done and can't figure out where the time went.

It turns out it takes forever to do all the steps. I have to set the heights so they won't all be the same height, same for the widths. I have to draw the edges and the tops, which means I have to use a level and a ruler so they're not crooked. Because the backdrop is vertical and already put together, the process requires a lot of squatting. It's like painting on a wall. I have to mix the paint to get different colors while making sure I don't match the set on the top shelf or the 12-volume set on the second shelf or the books to each other. There's a bit of cleaning of brushes in between all of it. Added together, it takes forever, and I still haven't put the words on the spines or the logos, etc. The books aren't even all sketched in yet. It's a massive time sink. I'm having to do some of the edges left-handed, trying not to overlap the paint.

I found an excellent audio channel to listen to on YouTube. One audio in particular, I have to recommend. New Age Bible perVersions EXPOSED. It explains how modern Bibles are translated. It goes into which manuscripts are used and how they were created to begin with. For example, when you see a footnote in a modern Bible that some verse isn't in the earliest manuscripts, it's referring to corrupt manuscripts found in a Catholic monastery garbage dump. Whoa! And there's more than that. If you're not painting a wall, this is a really long video, too long for a normal person to listen to all at once. If you can make time here and there, it's well worth it all the way to the end. The picture of the book that goes with the audio is a good read. I have it. It's eye-opening, too, and has more details than the YouTube audio. One fact that's missing from the audio is that recent research has discovered that the Codex Vaticanus was corrupted by the Gnostics. That alone means nothing translated using the CV is scripture.

The plan on the book front was to do the detective book next, but I'm thinking I might go straight to the Biblical non-fiction. After this backdrop is done, of course.

Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment