The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, February 17, 2017

Shoulder Boo Boo

At my age you can hurt yourself sleeping. You can also hurt yourself slipping in the yard and landing on a rock or maybe a tree root, which is what I did last Sunday. I was walking up a bank and slipped on the leaves and landed on my shoulder. And my hand. And my knee. But mostly my shoulder. It didn't hurt too much at first, but after a few hours I started wondering if I'd torn something inside it. Not having health insurance, I could only pray for it. It mostly hurt when I lifted my arm. After a couple of days it felt better, and I could start using it again. At this point my shoulder has a yellow bruise. It doesn't hurt much, just every once in a while or if I try to do too much with it.

The other good news was the moldy window. Remember that window in my "studio" that had the mold problem that I worked on last fall and seemed to be okay? It wasn't. The temperature got above 70F(21.11C) combined with rain. The moldy smell was back but very reduced from last year. I had to work on it again as best I could with my shoulder, which was feeling better by that point but not fun better. The temperatures dropped but are supposed to be back up next week. I can't wait.

The only thing I got done on AoM was research that took the form of reading some mystery type novels to get a refresher on the genre and a feel for the modern market. Sadly, typing requires lifting my arm.

The news media has had a fit screaming that President Trump issued a "Muslim ban". Really? Did he really ban Muslims? It turns out the so-called Muslim ban doesn't even have the word Muslim in it! It doesn't have the word religion either or a lot of words the media are reporting and hyping in hysteria. He halted travel from a short list of terrorist countries that are causing havoc in Europe. Can you guess where that list came from? The Obama administration! The top five most populous Muslim countries in the world aren't affected. Ninety percent of the world's Muslims aren't affected. There is no Muslim ban. It bans everybody from a limited list of terrorist countries. The judge that overturned it didn't overturn it based on its constitutionality. He overturned it, because he was personally offended by it. He violated his oath of office and shouldn't be a judge any more. Trump said in a press conference this week that the press are lying. He's absolutely right. Judges are too apparently. I've never seen the scale of distortion of facts and outright lies by the media like I'm seeing now. They lie all the time. That's not news. It's the scale of it. The fuhrer would be so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment