The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, November 4, 2016

World Champions

 The Chicago Cubs won the 2016 World Series. Rejoice! As I mentioned a long time ago, at the end of 2014 I was so disgusted that Braves' manager Fredi Gonzalez wasn't fired that I decided in 2015 I was going to switch to my second favorite team the Cubs no matter how many times they lost or how many times the Braves won and follow them full time rather than the Braves. It was very hard to do that when the Braves had a good team, and the Cubs were lovable losers. Then a miracle occurred. During the off season between 2014 and 2015, the Braves sold off most of the team. The Cubs acquired a new manager and new players. They made it to the playoffs in 2015. It would turn out that 2014 was the best year to make my number two team into my number one. I never had to worry about how many games the Cubs lost that year or how many games the Braves won. It turned out the exact opposite of how I thought it would.

Instead of following the Cubs on the side like I normally would, I was there for 2015 and 2016. The World Series win is amazing. When I was growing up, television channels TBS and WGN were broadcast nationally on cable and were called "superstations". A lot of people became Braves and Cubs fans. I didn't really watch them until the 90s. Back then, I mostly watched the Braves, but the Cubs were always there as my number two. I don't consider myself a hardcore, lifelong Cubs fan. However, I've been kindly disposed to them for a long time.

Destiny. This was the Cubs' years. Not even Joe Maddon's mismanagement in game 7 could derail a historic victory. After a solid year of managing, he choked when the pressure was the greatest. I have a video planned about that. For years, I've been wanting the Braves to win one more World Series before the Tribulation. Their owners aren't interested enough in that. Destiny. Their inability to do the right thing forced me to make the full-time switch to the Cubs before they started winning. Even if it wasn't the Braves, I still got to experience a World Series victory. And this year doesn't look like it's going to be the last time. It's amazing.

Eventually, Fredi Gonzalez was fired. I've watched some Braves games this year but not like I used to. The people who own the Braves don't care the way fans do. They care about profitability instead.

Despite watching the World Series, I was able to work on Book 2. It's going pretty well.

Have a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment