The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, December 18, 2015

Like a Boss

There was a news article this week that lets us know Putin is a boss. If you're not familiar with the "like a boss" meme, the definition of it is sort of this: "Like A Boss is a catchphrase often used in image macros or GIFs that feature a person completing an action with authority and finesse. Similar to Haters Gonna Hate, the characters in the macros have an air of superiority and do not care how others perceive them."

It originates from an obscene song I've never heard and had never heard of until I searched for the definition. I'm not recommending the song at all.

A few examples of doing things like a boss:
Mugsy the cat slaps alligators like a boss.
This rooster's a boss.
Riding an alligator like a boss.
Trimming bushes like a boss.
Another cat that's like a boss.
Fighting fires like a boss.
Refusing to salute Hitler like a boss.
Parallel parking like a boss.

That's kind of the idea. A cow that eats lunch at a steak restaurant would be a boss. :)
The like a boss meme comes up keeps coming up. It's nearly always funny. This week there was a news story about the way Putin walks. I kid you not. It was a real news story, and it was supposed to be serious. To me it was funny but not because of what it said. If the way Putin walks is actually newsworthy, it means he's a boss. I read down to the KGB training part, and I thought, "Yeah, he walks like a boss."

I'm ignoring the negative news reports about him. I'm not endorsing any of that if it's true. This is about Putin the boss.

Putin the scientist.
Putin the submarine driver.
Putin ahorseback.
Putin the martial artist.
Putin the 8th-degree black belt.
Putin the fisherman.
Putin the hunter.
Putin laughs at a reporter.
Putin: man of action.
Give me back my pen. HAHA The guy he was talking to is a billionaire with a B. Bosses aren't impressed by that.

Putin being cool.
Playing the piano and singing for charity.
Shedding tears at his national anthem.

There's tons of this stuff online. Putin has been in the news quite a bit in the U.S. A lot of it is stories like the one of his riding a horse with no shirt on with 6-pack abs and chiseled muscles. It's funny, but at the same time Putin comes across as a man's man. He's always doing something manly and adventurous. Whatever he's doing, he's doing it like a boss. And, sure, most of that is staged.

Aside from all that, I think he actually is a boss. He's a strong, articulate leader in a time when leadership is sadly lacking in the west. In the U.S. we don't have that kind of strong leadership any more. I could make an argument that Ronald Reagan was the last truly American president. All who have come after him have proven weak. Political correctness is a cancer in American society that saps leadership. I have the impression Russia doesn't have that.

I grew up during the Cold War. Putin reminds me of the old Soviet leaders. I could envision him negotiating with Reagan in the 80s or fighting against Hitler in WWII. Despite the negative press, he has a certain class and statesmanship. He would make a good James Bond.

We need leaders in America like Putin. Not the negative things reported in the press. The good things. Putin is a patriot who loves his country. He works hard. He wants Russia to succeed. He's a statesman. We need leaders like that in America but guided by American values and principles.

From what I've seen, the United States is trying to provoke Russia into a war and possibly WWIII, because Putin is standing in the way of the new world order. My advice to the administration is not to mess with him. He's a boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment