The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, July 24, 2015

Saudi News, Etc.

Last weekend I saw a story on Fox News, which is partly Saudi owned(through stocks) and islam-influenced, about the muslim shooter in TN. I hate watching them because they mostly cover politics instead of news, but I at least try to catch the headlines if possible. Since CNN stopped doing news, they're almost the only game in town.

There was a Fox interviewer and a muslim "guest" expert who was a foreign correspondent, presumably working for Fox, although it was never made clear. Her interpretation of the attacks was that Abdulazeez was reading the wrong Koran whatever that meant. The interviewer came at the alcohol and drugs angle as if Abdulazeez must not have been as devout a muslim as his friends thought. The interviewer and the foreign correspondent wondered how Abdulazeez could sit alone in his basement feeling lonely and watch internet videos to become "radicalized". /facepalm The guy's from Kuwait and has spent a lot of time in Jordan. I've seen a story that claimed, despite the Kuwaiti birth location, that he's been identified as a Palestinian from Nablus. Jordan is majority Palestinian.

The entire piece was propaganda. The muslim correspondent wouldn't go near the truth and actively tried to hide it. The interviewer was too young and inexperienced to have any real context for the story. As has been reported before, suddenly starting to drink alcohol, do drugs, hire prostitutes and engage in other acts of the flesh forbidden by the Koran, by devout muslims, is a warning sign of an impending martyrdom operation. Suicide in the name of jihad allegedly erases all those sins and guarantees a place in paradise. That's so basic and so obvious and so previously reported in other cases, but they never mentioned it.

I know I shouldn't watch Fox. I know they're mainly the propaganda wing of the Republican party and not a news channel. But if I catch them at the right time of day, they actually show a little news.

There was some good news. It takes a big person to admit to being wrong. Taylor Swift is a big person. She admitted to being wrong about some tweet she made about a tweet some other gal made. Apparently, there was a bit of a kerfuffle involved. I'm glad it worked out. Genuine news stories died so we could know.

Other Things
I always have more to add, but the blog always seems too long. This one isn't. I have in the past made a few YouTube videos. Nothing inappropriate but nothing I'd want you to see either. :) For the first time since 2010, I made a YouTube video the other day. It was for a French lady and not the general public. However, I'm getting closer to doing something public. I need to buy some equipment. Sadly, I'm not rich. At least not yet. One day, right? Right!

I'm foreseeing two channels. One is a French channel where I would talk about whatever's on my mind but in French. Native speakers could then correct my usage. Some things would be in English sharing English tips for non-native speakers who already have a good grasp of the language. As I mentioned a while back, I picked up Assimil French. I've continued using it and reading French books and watching French TV on YouTube. Even with the French I already knew, progress feels slow. It might be a few more months before I feel comfortable doing a French video, although I might do a simple, introductory one now to explain what the channel is about.
The other channel would be in English where I'd talk about spiritual or other things like book stuff. Some things are easier to talk about than type about. I created an account for it a while back but don't have the channel made. I have a camcorder and wired mic already. I need lighting and such, though. The mic works pretty well. I picked it up in 2010 for cheap on Amazon. The video I did for the French lady was made during a thunderstorm. Most of the noise was filtered out very nicely.

This week I had several things I wanted to make quick blogs about that didn't really fit this blog. Today's blog didn't really fit this blog actually. I'm thinking about making another blog where I can rant about Fox News, etc., or talk about the weather or my boycott of the Braves. The news has been complaining about the heat wave. Where I live, there's been a cool snap. Except for the humidity it's almost like autumn. It's been great! With another blog I could stick to book stuff here instead of all the other things I've been talking about. I still need to think about a name for it and such.

So, once I get a public video up on the French channel, I'll post the link here. Same for the other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment