The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, February 13, 2015

A Little About Me

Book Stuff
The book stuff first today in case I run short on time.
The sequel needs a tad more work. The main holdup is the cover. I don't want something that looks like a 6-yr-old did it.

Now on to me.
A lot of people don't know this, but I've never thrill-killed a hobo in a Chicago railyard. My life didn't go down that path. My parents never got divorced. I never descended into a world of drugs, cheap booze and even cheaper women. I never found myself standing with several friends strung out on whatever the popular drug was when I was a teenager in front of a passed out hobo daring each other to shoot him first. I never ended up on the run from the Chicago PD that concluded with me handcuffed in a pool of my own vomit. I haven't always made the best choices in life, but I made better choices than all that!

In fact, I've never even been to Chicago. If I did get to visit, I'd want to take in a Cubs game at historic Wrigley Field. There wouldn't be much point to going if I couldn't, right? Preferably, they'd be playing the Braves. The game would be during the day the way nature and Harry Caray intended. While I was in the area, I'd hang out by Lake Michigan and maybe go out on a boat on a nice day that wasn't too windy.

The Cubs look good this year, but they're usually not a very winning team. I have a theory on that, and it has nothing to do with curses. It's the name. A cub is a baby bear. The equivalent of the Chicago Baby Bears isn't working. They play down to the name. How are the other teams supposed to feel intimidated when they're playing against a team named after baby animals? They need a manlier name. Chicago Grizzlies. Chicago Sasquatches. Something that's not a baby name.

No comments:

Post a Comment