The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, November 14, 2014

Winning

I'm on a K.M. Weiland mailing list. Every month there's a drawing that I didn't notice in which four people on the mailing list win an ebook of their choice. I was one of the winners for November! I already had all her books except Jane Eyre: Writer's Digest Annotated Classics. I've wanted it in paperback, but Writer's Digest books always seem to be overpriced. I subscribe to their magazine and get their emails, so I know.

I responded to the notification email telling me I'd won and asked for the Jane Eyre book. It turned out that it's the only one she can't send an ebook for. Future winners will be notified of that. :) However, and this is the reason I even brought it up at all, she offered to send me a paperback edition instead. She even asked if that was ok. Of course, it was! That's the one I've been wanting/needing anyway, but she didn't know that. I offered to pay postage on it. She wouldn't let me. What an awesome thing to do and what a nice gal.

Another reason I bring this up is that I've been in this desert for several years where almost nothing seems to work. The spiritual attacks and hindrances seem endless. I've been needing a breakthrough in the worst way and massive amounts of prayer. This year especially has been awful. Winning this book so unexpectedly and having it work out to get the edition I preferred/needed is the biggest thing that's gone right in I don't know when. It's the complete opposite of how things have been going for so long. Right after that I won $10, no purchase necessary. I'm really hoping these are signposts that the end of the desert is near.

Book Stuff
I finished going through the rough draft again. It's resting for 30 days.
NaNoWriMo did not happen for me this year. I wanted to do it, but my outline wasn't in a good place yet, and I was still working on the rough draft. It took longer than I thought. There was no point in forcing it. I've already done two books this year. It's not something I felt that I absolutely had to do. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment