The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, August 8, 2014

It was like the 70s

Last night was like the 70s as I ran from store to store trying to find that one specific object before all the stores closed. Along the way I saw this:


Yesterday was Aug 7. Halloween is almost three months away. There was a whole section of Halloween candy. In August! Why?

I got an email from Walmart back in June for summer clearance items. It was barely summer, even in the south. And they were doing clearance? It was crazy. If I'd had money to burn, the canoe/kayaks did look pretty good, but that's not the point. Like the Halloween candy, it was far too soon.

Book Stuff
I have the mystery/romance in the hands of tester readers. I'm still not sure the book works, but we'll see what they say.
I just about had the rough draft of the first sequel book done when I ran into a problem that made me want to throw cotton balls at a window. I have this long storyline involving Etan that contradicts a prophecy about him from the original series. Aw, man. The choices are ugly. I could alter the original series. Argh! I could alter the storyline. Difficult. I could leave it and do an Author's Note explaining the change. Disgusting. I don't like any of the choices, but something must be done. I was talking to a reader(also a test reader for the mystery/romance) about it and got some helpful feedback to ponder. I was leaning toward altering the original series, but I need to think about different angles over the weekend.

Words of Wisdom
Getting upset about something you can't change is like throwing cotton balls at a window.

No comments:

Post a Comment