The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, July 18, 2014

Seeing Some Progress

I read a book not long ago by William Woodall that was set in Texas. Somebody in the book made brisket, which I had to look up, because I'm from the south. I don't know what all people out west eat. I forget exactly what the definition was, but it's basically some kind of beef. So, I was at the store recently and noticed some pulled beef brisket in barbeque sauce. I had to get it to see what brisket is. Well, hmm, it isn't different than normal barbequed beef. I've been making barbeque sandwiches with it.
Here's the point. I had a barbeque sandwich with barbeque potato chips on the side. It made me wonder something. Is eating a barbeque sandwich with barbeque potato chips too southern?

Anyway, the forces of darkness have been fighting me tooth and nail on the writing front lately. I could use prayer for that and prayer in general. It seems like it's been one roadblock after another. I need a breakthrough in some area.

There's been some good news. A cold front from Canada has moved in bringing lower temperatures and lower humidity. It's July in Georgia, and it's been in the 70s and 80s without the oppressive humidity we normally have. (That's 21-26+ degrees in Celsius.) The high today is 73o(22.78C), and tomorrow is about the same. The nights have been blessedly cool. The weather feels miraculous.

I've been wrestling a bit with the ending for the first book in the Messengers sequel and decided to change it because the original idea didn't seem dramatic enough. I think I have it now. I just need to force some time to finish it.

And, I've finally gotten back to the mystery/romance and read it through making corrections along the way. I finished that last night but still need to transfer the changes to computer. I printed it out to read so I could work on it anywhere. Plus, there's something about going over a hard copy that's more real than doing it on the computer.
I still don't have a title for it, but I think it works. I wasn't sure it would. It seems to flow along once I get past the first few pages, which makes me worry about the first few pages. They set the stage for later. I'm just not sure that's enough to grab a reader's attention. The first bit of suspense doesn't happen until page 4. I need to make sure people get that far. I'll have to think about it more. Right now, the plan is to get the changes done then let someone else read it while I work on the sequel to Messengers.

No comments:

Post a Comment