The Messengers of Yesh Web Address

Friday, April 16, 2021

Relative Trouble

I have an uncle in the hospital who could use some prayer. The doctors "can't find" where he's bleeding internally. He wasn't expected to make it through the night two nights ago.

I can't help but wonder why they "can't find" the bleeding. "Computer, activate the emergency medical holographic program." "Please, state the nature of the medical emergency." "Doctor, this man is bleeding internally, but we 'can't find' it. What do you think?" "Hmm, it's right here. A Starfleet Academy, first-year medical student would have been able to see that instantly. I don't understand why you couldn't. And you call yourself a doctor?" 

Life would be so much better if we had Starfleet medical technology. Medicine is so primitive during this time period. Having my uncle in the hands of people who "can't find" the problem reminds me of my other relatives who have died at the hands of doctors. I had a first cousin who died after a doctor cut her internally and didn't fix it. I had another first cousin who died after a nurse started screaming at him and caused him to have a stroke. And, of course, my dad was euthanized when his insurance company no longer wanted to pay for his suddenly-expensive, medical care. After the murder and malpractice, I'm automatically suspicious about what's going on with my uncle, but I know I need to get a grip on feelings like that. Conspiracy theoryitis is a symptom of a culture on the verge of collapse.

When it comes to conspiracies, I have a little wisdom to impart. Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence. Most conspiracies have no foundation. People in authority sometimes just do dumb things because they're incompetent. Never forget that people in authority are no different than the people you went to high school with. Frightening, isn't it, to think that the world is run by people like that.

Something else to consider is that Congress is composed of mostly lawyers. That's a degree that takes a lot of time and effort. At the end of the journey, law students know a lot about the law but not so much about life or other subjects. For instance, Congress is passing laws about areas of science, technology, etc., about which they have no understanding. While they were in law school, life passed them by. It wasn't long ago that a member of Congress was quoted in the press as saying the internet was a "series of tubes". He's not the only one who knows legal matters but has a profound lack of understanding of other areas. Frightening, isn't it, that the country is run by people like that.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment